If you are considering learning about mindfulness and meditation, perhaps through a course, here are the key reasons for doing so.
Learning in this way is practical and enjoyable, and I wouldn’t be without mindfulness and meditation in my life. If you already have a practice, this may also remind you why!
The words ‘mindfulness’ and ‘meditation’ cover a whole host of skills, qualities and a way to live your life. Dip in here and ask yourself:
1. Where am I now in my life?
I struggle with:
- Anxiety and worry
- Low mood
- Lack of motivation
- Chronic pain
- Sleep problems
- Spirituality/meaningful life
2. What qualities do I wish to experience as I develop my mindfulness and meditation?
- To feel more inner peace and ease
- More joy!
- Empowered to manage stress and anxiety
- Learn practical ways to deal with depression
- To be more present in my life
- To relax
- Deepen a meditation practice with whatever that brings!
3. Personal Self-growth
To learn the skills of mindfulness & meditation is incredibly empowering for your personal self-development. It’s all about LEARNING and ‘befriending yourself’.
And what support do you need for this to happen?
Me: I commit to myself the time and energy so I can really benefit from this learning opportunity
Family: Let family and loved ones know how important this is to you so that they take it seriously. This means they can support you in any way that you need.
The only thing you can do while uncertainty is all around, is to be sure of yourself with confidence and a loving heart!
Yvette Jane – Place of Serenity