You have the most powerful tool to hand. It’s the breath.
Become aware of it whenever you need a moment to become calm.
Stay peaceful with the breath
You can access your breath anytime. Even amid the chaos choose to focus on the present moment.
It doesn’t have to be the weekend or time away from work in order to feel peaceful. Use the breath to stay peaceful as you work. This sense of peace and calm will flow through everything you do. Focus on a couple of breaths and you can immediately re-gain a sense of balance.
Let go of tension
Tension can build up as you feel overwhelmed with work. So your strategy is to:
- Stop for a few seconds
- Notice your feet and get a sense of being grounded
- Gather up your scattered mind and place your focus in front of you
- Sense the movements of your breath
- Make an effort to breathe in and out deeply
- Notice any tension or frustration that you’re feeling
- If it’s something you don’t want or need, let it go on the out breath, or ‘Blow away!’
- Say to yourself, ‘I breathe in calm, I breathe out tension’
- Remember everything passes however tough it feels
You empower yourself when you remember your breath!