You can choose what to focus on in any given moment. Right now, try some JOY BREATHING!
Joy Breathing Meditation
- Close your eyes.
- Remember an occasion when you felt joyful.
- Smile and let your body relax and experience feeling joyful and happy.
- Allow those feelings of happiness to spread like a warm glowing sun.
- Sense every cell filling with contented, warm bliss!
- Breathe in the joyful feeling, breathe it out around your body.
- Open your eyes and spend a moment resting them on something beautiful, like a flower, a candle flame, a sunset or rain against the window.
- Allow your body to absorb the feeling of quiet contentment and inner joy.
Sometimes our minds seem to be constantly going round in circles with anxious thoughts. This Joy Breathing meditation is a great exercise to remind your brain what joy feels like!
Yvette Jane – Mindfulness & Meditation Coach