Does your life feel like it’s complicated?
Even when you’re busy, here are 4 simple reminders for life:
• focus on one breath before you move to your next task
• count one breath before you reply to a question verbally, texting or email
• become aware of your breath before you enter or leave a building
Why? Because it opens up a split-second of space, rather than rushing head-long into the next unconscious, unawake moment.
2. Get Grounded
We’ve all done it – daydreamed, got caught up on Facebook or some other escape. Even if you are sitting meditating it’s easy to get ungrounded and float off into your own little world. It’s also easy to get ungrounded and go into ‘panic mode’ when there seems too much to get done. So:
- Whether you’re standing or sitting, get a sense of both feet connected to the ground.
- Feel your toes, ball and heel of each foot and imagine little roots spreading outwards and downwards.
- These are connecting you to the earth and when you breath, visualise you are breathing up from the earth, through your feet and all the way throughout your body.
- Now you are here fully grounded in your body.
- If you have the chance – go outside when possible and ground in nature – standing amongst trees or alongside the ocean is a super-connector!
Place your hands into the soil to feel grounded. Wade in water to feel emotionally healed. Fill your lungs with fresh air to feel mentally clear. Raise your face to the heat of the sun and connect with that fire to feel your own immense power.
Working hard can be fulfilling yet your success is not necessarily linked to long hours at the expense of your health.
This is a simple reminder that being fully rested is essential for best performance and gives your body and mind the time it needs for replenishment.
Schedule it in your diary if you don’t trust yourself to remember! Maybe some meditation time, a relaxation class or a couple of early nights each week to ensure plenty of sleep.
This is a basic – the foundation of all our relationships.
Yet communication has become a creature of disguise. Face to face communication, where there is less likely to be misunderstanding or bull **** has been replaced by:
- Twitter – be succinct
- Text – I’m busy doing something else at the same time
- Email or Facebook where life is portrayed as rosy and fab
If there is a choice to speak choose it when you can!
I found this lovely blog post from Liz Lamoreux on a similar theme: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Six-Ways-to-Practice-Self-Love-/10000000204834654/g.html
Give yourself the time to incorporate these simple reminders and let me know if it works for you!
Simply signing off now!
Yvette Jane – Mindfulness & Meditation Coach